1991 Frazetta 1 Cards :)

Community and off topic stuff
DrEllis
Server Admin

1991 Frazetta 1 Cards :)

Post by DrEllis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:49 pm

I figured I would share this here, for any fellow collector/ comic nerds to ooh and ahhh at my latest acquisition :) Today I received a factory sealed box, of 1991 Frazetta Art trading cards.. Its a 90 card set. 36 packs in the box.. 10 cards per pack.

And heres the outcome.. 23 packs opened to finish the set.. #11 was the absolute last card to find.. opened 6 or 7 packs JUST to get that one :( .. But, I ended up with a a full set , and -4 cards of a 2nd set in the extras, and 13 sealed packs in a near mint condition box :) not a waste of $35 I would say :)

(I dont understand why the images are so large, right click the image and open in new tab gets you a more sensible sized image..)

And the elusive #11 :) "Dracula Meets Wolfman"

Nameless
Tekagi's Veteran

Re: 1991 Frazetta 1 Cards :)

Post by Nameless » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:47 am

I am a little bit jealous! Frank Frazetta is one of my all time favorite artists. So many of the books that I loved as a youngster had his covers. Between him and Michael Whelan they did the covers of my childhood. Let's hear it for the Conan and John Carter covers from Frazetta and the Pern and Heinlein covers from Whelan. The local Conan's Pizza on Stassney lane has it's walls covered in Frazzeta paintings and prints, makes it a joy to eat there. As for Whelan I have several books with his art and they feature heavily in my screensaver. Thanks for posting about this, brings back ggod memories from 40+ years ago.

Ragman
Tekagi's Veteran

Post by Ragman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:03 am

This may be out of place, but as for the image size, there may be a setting in the ACP that allows for the images to be resized on posting, as it seems to be posting them in a 1:1 format..

Or, it could be something to do with thumb nails.

Just a thought.

Rags

Ps. The art on the packages is awesome, I don't follow that sort of thing normally but I do like they type of art.

Fenris_Wolf
Mad Scientist

Post by Fenris_Wolf » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:58 am

There actually isn't (least not for default phpbb), I need to install another mod for it or mess with the source to allow width and height attributes on the img tags, but plan on upgrading the forums soon so not worth installing extra modules yet.